Since halfGenius’ inception 6 years ago, we have been early adapters to video marketing, singing its praise as a means for our clients to edge out their competition and gain their fair share of the online marketplace. Marketers have seen an explosive video growth on social media over the past couple years and there seems to be no end in sight. By 2019, research forecasts that 80% of all consumer internet traffic will be dedicated to video consumption1 – making video marketing more important than ever!
Why add video into your marketing strategy?
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. 2
- There will be 78 million millennial digital video viewers in 2016, representing more than 92% of all US millennial internet users. 3
- Consumers are 4Xs more likely to watch a video about a product than read about it. 2
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. 4
- 70% of marketers claim videos produce more conversions than any other type of content. 2
How can brands add video into their marketing strategy?
With videos content dominating digital platforms, it vital for brands to welcome this medium to ensure marketing strategies remain fresh and engaging. There are many ways to incorporate videos into your marketing strategy, with or without a large budget. However, when producing videos, make sure your message is value-oriented, engaging, and creates a clear call-to-action.
1. Highlight Written Content
Placing a short video before any important content is one of our favorite ways to use shorter videos. A short video can easily capture the attention of your audience, draw them in, and increase consumption of readable copy. Lastly, 15 – 30 second videos are entirely recyclable across all social media channels, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
2. How-to Videos
Does your brand lend to the DIY market? According to Google, “how to” searches on YouTube are up 70% year over year. ‘How to’ videos are a great way to educate your audience, fulfill a need, engage users, and increase the shareability of your content.
3. Behind The Scenes
Taking your audience behind the scenes is a great way to further connect with your followers by allowing them access to information and imagery they might not have seen otherwise. This type of content creates a personal connection with viewers, making the video and your brand, more engaging.